When you have homeowners insurance you're covered against many disasters in your home. Your home insurance coverage can also protect you if someone gets hurt on your property.
Your agent will partner with you to design a policy with the right coverages for your needs.
Property Insurance Coverage
Homeowners insurance coverage can help repair your home in the event of a covered damage due to:
- Fire and lightning
- Windstorms and hail
- Smoke damage
- Freezing damage
Extended Dwelling Coverage
Extended dwelling coverage provides a choice of up to an additional 25 percent t0 100 percent more coverage to help pay for unexpected repair or rebuilding costs that exceed the amount covered by your base policy.
Liability insurance helps cover you if someone makes a claim of injury or property damage against you or your family. Your homeowners policy helps protect you against:
- Claims for injury to others on or off your property
- Claims for property damage
- Liability defense costs
- Medical expenses for injuries to others
When you have homeowners insurance there are important extras you can purchase:
- Additional living expenses when a covered loss makes your home uninhabitable
- Debris removal after a covered loss
- Repairs to protect your property from further damage after a covered loss
- Replacement trees, shrubs, plants or lawn destroyed from a covered loss
- Fire department service charges to save or protect your property after a covered loss
- Coverage for forgery and counterfeit money and for a covered unauthorized use of credit cards and fund transfer cards
- Coverage for a second home or rental unit